Created a Custom role with Permissions to access and view test cases and services for the Portal and not use a Workstation.
Created a new user and assigned the new role.
Not able to logon with new user.
DevTest 10.1.0, but can apply to all supported versions of DevTest.
Below are the steps to Create a Custom Role without Workstation:
1. From the Portal choose Access Control.
2. Choose Roles.
3. Click Add Role.
4. Give this role a name and a description.
5. From the Permissions tab choose these Available roles:
a. Expand Test/Suite Administration
1. Click the checkbox of each role you want this custom role to have.
2. Once all the roles you want are checked, choose the green box with the white arrow.
b. Repeat for Virtual Services Administration
c. Repeat for DevTest Server Administration
d. Repeat for CVS Administration
e. Repeat for Report Administration
f. Repeat for Metric/Event Administration
g. Repeat for CAI Administration
6. Choose the Save button the the right of the Add New Role header.
Now you can assign any users to this role.