After installing Web Viewer, you may need to run the Tomcat manager to confirm a successful Web Application Server (WAS) implementation. How do I set up and run the Tomcat Manager?
Release: Output Management Web Viewer 12.1
1) Tomcat must be up and running
2) Edit the tomcat-users.xml file which is in the conf subdirectory under the Tomcat directory
3) Remove the comments around the last paragraph with the roles
4) Add at the bottom after the other roles (using your own username and password)
<user username="tomcat" password="<password>" roles="manager-gui"/>
6) Bring up the Tomcat manager at this location and log in using the userid and password
you added to the tomcat-users.xml
and log in
7) You should undo this after we are done with the Tomcat manager as you will notneed it regularly and leaving that section uncommented may get you tagged with a vulnerability.
It bears repeating, you should undo this after we are done with the Tomcat Manager as you will not need it regularly and leaving that section uncommented may be tagged in a vulnerability scan.