The 'Allow editing' setting is not available for Hard Allocation field in CA PPM, however it is available for the Allocation field. If this setting is checked, this then allows users to update the Allocation column on the list view, but unable to save that change.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Login to CA PPM
2. Go to Administration-> Objects-> Team -> Views
3. Click on the Field link for the 'Project Team - Detail' list view
4. Click on the properties icon next to the Hard Allocation field Note: This field does not have an option to 'Allow Editing'
5. Without making any changes, click on Return
6. Click on the properties icon next to the Allocation field
Expected Results: The 'Allow Editing' option is not available for the Allocation field. -- This option is not available for the Hard Allocation field, which is a similarly system calculated field.
Actual Results: The 'Allow Editing' option is available on the Allocation field.
NOTE: This was defaulted to unchecked as a result of the fix for DE37743. However, the option to Allow editing is still available. If it is checked, this causes an the issue where the Allocation is then editable, but the changes to this field are not able to be saved.
NOTE 2: This also applies to the 'Project Team - Staff' view IF allocation is added as a Time Scaled Value field to this view.
Caused by DE47815
Release: CODFSS99000-15.4.1-PPM SAAS FedRAMP-Sandbox-Small Environment
DE47815 is under review by engineering for a resolution.