1. Create an ESP parameter file. This is a sequential file or a PDS member containing ESP parameters. In this article, sequential data set name 'PUBLIC.ESPWA.RESOLVE' contains the following ESP parameters:
SUBSYS=espm <== The active ESP subsystem name
SYMBOL=% <== The ESP symbol-introducer character
EVENT=cyber.payroll <== The name of the ESP event which has job (JCL) to be validated
2. Modify Clist member JCKUSR from the CA JCLCheck CAZ2CLS0 library to set the JCLCheck and ESP load libraries. Example:
SET &JCLOAD = &STR(hlq.JCLCHECK.CAZ2LOAD)
SET &JCLOAD1 = &STR(hlq.ESP.CD7YLOAD)
Bypass this step if both of the load libraries are in the linklist.
3. Modify skeleton member JCKSKLES from the CA JCLCheck CAZ2SKL0 library as follows:
. Comment out JCHKPLIB DD and the concatenated DD from stepname JCLCHECK if JCLCheck processing option AUTOPROC (or AU) is used.
If AUTOPROC (or AU) is not used, set JCHKPLIB DD to your procedure libraries.
- Select option number 0 (zero) on the CA JCLCheck™ Workload Automation ISPF main menu panel (panelid JCK0200).
- Select option number 1 on the Control Options Menu panel (panelid JCK0210).
- Specify a 'Y' in the 'Go to ADDITIONAL PROCESSING OPTIONS PANEL' field on the Process Control Options panel (panelid JCK0202).
- Specify ESP in the RESOLVE field on the Additional Processing Options panel (panelid JCK0203).
- Return to the CA JCLCheck™ Workload Automation ISPF main menu panel (panelid JCK0200). ESP is now defined for JCLCheck.
- Select option number 7 - RESOLVE - External Variable Resolution (panelid JCK0209).
- Fill in the required entries, and hit enter to begin the submission. See Table 1 for an example of panel JCK0209.
- Select F (for Foreground) or B (for Batch) JCLCheck submission on the External Variable Resolution Submission panel (panelid JCK0217).
- Foreground mode: The RESOLVE output is written to DDname JCKPRINT, dataset name 'prefix.CAZ1PRES.JCKPRINT' by default. This dataset name is defined in Clist CAZ2CLS0(JCKSPFES).
- Batch submit mode: Uses skeleton member CAZ2SKL0(JCKSKLES).
Table 1: Panel JCK0209
JCK0209 ------ CA JCLCheck External Variable Specification - ESP --------------
DATE: 2019/02/01 USER: TIME: 17: 00
SCAN or SIMULATE ===> SIMULATE (Required)
ESP Subsystem Name ===> ESPM SYMBOL ===>
Input File ===> PUBLIC.JCL.LIBRARY(TESTJCK)
EVENT ===> CYB.PAYROLL
For SCAN only:
For SIMULATE only: (EVENT and PROCJOB are Required)
PROCJOB ===> TESTJCK
JCLSCAN ===> Continue on another panel ===> N (Y/N)
Resolve Parm File ===> PUBLIC.ESPWA.RESOLVE
RESJCL File Size ===> ===> (Primary, Secondary Cylinders)
Debugging Control ===> (R-Record, S-RecordSeq, RS, or ' ')
Update PROFILE with these options ===> Y Press Enter to continue