Create Environment Variable on the machine to update timeout: JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Dsun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout=300000;-Dsun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout=300000Solution 2:
If the issue happens with larger projects, try increasing the 'JavaMemoryLimit' on the workstation to 800. See KB000026995
for steps on how to do this. Solution 3:
Change timeout setting in PPM to be less then the Load Balancer (LB) timeout. The default for SaaS / On Demand customers is 15 minutes, so if you are a SaaS Customer try 14 minutes or less or 0 for no timeout. To check / change the time out value:
- In Clarity PPM go to Administration->General Settings->System Options
- Check the value set for 'Minutes Of Inactivity Until Logout'
- If this is set to >14 minutes, lower this to 14 minutes or less.
Check if it is a Load Balancer issue (On Premise customers)
To do this:
- Remove the LB from the equation by logging directly into the App Server via Clarity PPM.
- During the Login process in OWB, you will need to change the PPM URL to match the IP address or machine name being used in the test. The port # needs to match what is showing the non LB PPM URL. SSL Handling should be none.
- If the issue doesn't happen without being connected to the LB, see KB000049575 for Load Balancer recommendations in working with Clarity PPM.
If you're seeing error: A server error occured during login: - Connection timed out: connect
also check to see if there is a proxy issue by using the steps in KB KB000046745