CA OPS/MVS can open CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) requests automatically for the following types of problems:
- Recoverable product abends
- Shortages of process blocks, which are necessary for automation
- Failure to respond to internal MSF ping requests
- Operator Server Facility (OSF) TSO server transactions that exceed their elapsed time or output line limits
- Automated Operations Facility (AOF) rules that fail to complete due to errors
This integration provides your organization with an immediately recorded notification of a problem so that it can be addressed before causing more serious problems. For integration, you need to configure the CAICCI and CAISDI services.
In order to correctly implement this interface from OPSMVS side, it is mandatory to include the following statement in your OPSSPA00 program:
var = OPSPRM("SET","INITSD","YES")
This change takes effect when CA OPS/MVS is recycled. To make this change available to the current CA OPS/MVS region, it is necessary to use OPSVIEW Option 4.1.1 to set the parameter in the current region and recycle the CA OPS/MVS CA Service Desk Integration component, SERVDESK.
This can be done using the following operator command:
Specifies the fourth character of the CA OPS/MVS subsystem ID.
It can happen that, despite INITSD is set to NO, so the Interface is not enabled, when any OPSMVS rule fails, a request is still created in Service Desk which 'contains/describes' the failing rule. So, how to debug this situation in order to find the real cause of this wrong behavior?