IMPORTANT NOTE: Please check the below document, before you start customizing your environment.
Holding a prereq procedure for a best control over your customization.
Please check the following to accomplish that.
1. Copy the requestprofile.xsl file from
CA\Service Catalog\view\webapps\usm\explorer\request into
CA\Service Catalog\filestore\custom\explorer\request (create any folder in this path, should it not exist already).
2a. Edit the file and search for 'editclick()'.
2b. Comment-out the 'button' lines.
3. Save the file.
4. Stop the CA Service Catalog services(Accounting and Catalog).
5. Empty/clear the %USM_HOME%\view\translets folder.
6. (re)move the %USM_HOME%\logs\*.log files.
7. Clear the browser-cache.
8. Start the CA Service Catalog services(Accounting and Catalog).
>> Especially, steps 2 and 4 are important.
This change is not ROLE-dependent. Which means that nobody can edit a request anymore.
NOTE 2: It is tricky though and a non-supported customization.
You need to be extremely careful while customizing this in this way.