CA XCOM Data Transport
CA XCOM Data Transport - Windows
CA XCOM Data Transport - Linux PC
CA XCOM Data Transport - z/OS
- xcomd.exe starts up via Services.msc and service does not listen on XCOM ports 8044/8045
- caxcgsvr.exe does not run in the background.
- When tried to run this via command window, throws error "CA-XCOM Communications Server has terminated. Error=INIT_SERVER_EVENTS_FAILURE"
- Also have noticed this service takes up 100% of CPU when it was running.
- When stopping xcomd.exe service via Services.msc on this server, it stops XCOM service on another host in the same cluster.
- There is no configuration settings that is shared across these servers as settings are individual to each server/host.
Need assistance in getting xcomd service running.
RI79924 DOC - UPDATE INSTALLATION GUIDE FOR WINDOWS SERVER 2012 CORE
There are special instructions for starting xcomd on Windows Server 2012:
To start the XCOMD CA XCOM Scheduler service on Windows Server 2012 Core, do one of the following:
- Run the command net start xcomdsrv from the command prompt
- Open Task Manager
- Navigate to the Services tab
- Select xcomdsrv from the services list.
- Right click on xcomdsrv
- Click on start to start the service.