The minimal preferred upgrade method is as follows:
1. Deactivate the HA probe on the primary HA backup hub. This is to prevent a fail over to the primary HA backup hub.
2. Run the 9.02 UIM installer
3. Run the 9.02 UMP installer
4. Download the current GA version of the hub and robot_update packages from the Web Archive into the local archive on your primary hub (7.97 at the time of publication of this document)
NOTE: there is a known memory leak in the 7.96 and 7.97 versions of the robot_update package. It is highly recommended that the 7.97HF3 (or later) robot_update hot fix be downloaded from the CA UIM Hotfix Index
support site, imported into the local archive on the primary hub and deployed instead of the 7.97 GA version
5. Upgrade the robot on the primary hub (7.97 or 7.97HF3)
6. Upgrade the hub on the primaruy hub (7.97)
7. Upgrade the robot on the HA backup hub (7.97 or 7.97HF3)
8. Put a copy of the <installPath>\Nimsoft\security\certificate.pem file from the primary hub on the HA backup hub
9. Add the following key to the robot.cfg file on the HA backup hub in the <controller> section:
cryptkey = <absolute path to the copy of>\certificate.pem
10. Restart the robot on the HA backup hub
11. Deploy the 7.97 hub to the HA backup hub
12. Deploy all the the remaining 9.02 core probes from the primary hub to the HA backup hub
13. Activate the HA probe on the primary HA backup hub.
At this point you should be able to fail over the the HA backup hub with no problems.