How to transfer Policies from zDC 1.4.x to DCI 1.5
Article ID: 124927
CA Dynamic Capacity Intelligence
Sometimes it could be necessary to move an existing Policy definition from an existing zDynaCap (zDC) 1.4.x environment to a CA Dynamic Capacity Intelligence (DCI) 1.5 one.
Using USS and DCI commands, it is possible to easily move a policy definition between environments.
Release: CADCIU00200-1.5-Dynamic Capacity Intelligence-MSU
Export process (from zDC environment):
- Issue the ISHELL command to open the config folder of the zDC 1.4.x filesystem
- Type the Line Command 'C' in front of the policy file to be copied (e.g. Policy_TEST.xml)
- On the next panel, choose the option: 2. Data set...
- Create Dataset i.e. 'DCI.POLICY.EXPORT'
If necessary, catalog the dataset on the LPAR where the DCI 1.5 is active
Import process (on DCI environment):
- Start the DCI ISPF environment
- Enter the command ZDCCMD IMPORT 'export.dsname' (e.g. ZDCCMD IMPORT 'DCI.POLICY.EXPORT')
- The policy is displayed as a xml file. We recommend not to change anything
- Press PF3 twice
- Enter the Policy menu
- If needed, Edit the "new" policy and change values
- Activate it with the line command "Q"
- Type a R to load the new Policy Configuration into the internal Storage of the controller
There is a sample job to export a policy in batch on #EXPORTP member CA Dynamic Capacity Intelligence 1.5 CFHRSAMP library; it can be used instead of the ISHELL to create an "export" file.