Release: All Supported Releases
MSP New Driver, upgrading from the MSP Legacy Driver
In Clarity versions 15.5 and lower, this is working as expected.
CA PPM 15.5 MSP integration resolves this situation by providing the following new functionality:
This was reviewed as CLRT-78497 and determined to be working as expected in versions of PPM earlier than 15.5 with the new driver.
Workaround: The workaround in versions prior to 15.5 would be to manually change the task type in MSP and save back to PPM.
A tip to help save time in updating the task types here a project manager has a lot of tasks that need to be changed:
1. In Microsoft Excel, Type 'Fixed Work' in a cell
2. With your mouse, click the bottom right hand corner of the cell, and drag the + icon down in the column for as many rows as tasks in the project (IE 1,500, if the project has 1,500 tasks)
3. Highlight the entire column and press Ctrl+C on your keyboard to copy the entire column
4. Navigate to the project in MSP
5. Add the 'Type' column if it's not there already
6. Click on the 'Type' column header to highlight the entire column
7. Press Ctrl+V on your keyboard to paste the contents from excel to the Type column in MSP
This should populate all tasks as Fixed Work (aside from summary tasks which are set as Fixed Duration)
8. Check any dates that may need to be adjusted based on the task type
9. Save the project back to Clarity
Reference KB000071385 - Clarity and MSP integration - List of Knowledge Documents
Reference KB000015956 - Clarity and MSP integration known defects - Support Technical Document Index