Required Post installation steps after implementation of patch as per readme will result in an error. The most likely root cause of this error being, CA EEM being installed on a different machine than Catalog server.
How to update the EEM server post patch installation?
CA Service Catalog 17.x
1. Copy the file usm_create_additional_application_data.xml to EEM Server machine and place it in some folder
2. Open command prompt
3. Go to EEM installed folder path e.g.: C:\Program Files\CA\SC\EmbeddedEntitlementsManager\bin
4. Run the following command
safex -h <EEM_HOST> -u EiamAdmin –p <EEM_ADMIN_PASSWORD> -f <path>\usm_create_additional_application_data.xml
5. Now, login to the EEM UI choosing the Service Catalog application name, and click on Configure > Session >Synchronize Cache
6. Restart CA Service Catalog
7. Delete browser cache