What are the Prerequisites for updating OS Patch on CA Spectrum Installed Server?
All Spectrum versions
1) SpectroSERVER should be GRACEFULLY shutdown.
2) Make sure all services related to CA Spectrum are stopped (Example: Spectrum Tomcat/ProcessD/Apache Tomcat & SIA)
3) Take a backup of the Databases (in case any issues we can restore the respective backup)
> SpectroSERVER Database -SSDB backup(Models & Catalogs)
> Events Database-DDMDB(MySQL data holds Events details)
> Reporting Database Backup
4) Take a backup of the directories and Snapshot of the VM or clone of the server if possible.
5) If it’s a DSS or FT, start with the Secondary Server or Location Server. This way if there are any problems, we can work to resolve those on the secondary boxes.
For Linux, please make sure the required 32bit and 64bit libraries are available in the system.
Please refer to the document: https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/30780