Need to have two different UIM domain instances interact with each other, for example to do 1 or more of the following:
- Monitor my Development environment from my Production environment to make sure it is up. Can I do this? Will it cause any problems?
- Configure my UIM DEV environment to report to my Production environment to ensure the server is up.
- Forward QOS/alarm messages from my Prod environment to my Pre-Prod/Test or Development environment.
- UIM 8.0 or higher
- interaction between different UIM domains
Currently, there are a few methods for having different UIM DOMAIN instances interacting together.
Below are two supported methods:
1) remote probe monitoring
2) cross-domain message forwarding/hub queue posting (QOS/alarms)
Potential Use Cases:
a. In PROD, you can set up remote probes to monitor the Test/Development infrastructure, for example with remote probes such as net_connect, sqlserver, etc.
b. You can post QOS and alarm messages from one UIM domain to another domain (cross-domain forwarding) via a hub POST queue.
Cross-domain messaging requirements: