Question Regarding Temporary and Permanent Errors
Article ID: 11707
TLMS Tape Management
Where does CA TLMS obtain the volume error stats?
Release: TLMS..00200-12.6-TLMS-TAPE MANAGEMENT
CA TLMS acquires the volume error stats from the IBM SMF 21 records. The following will cross reference the SMF 21 record with CA TLMS volume record.
- TLMS TEMP READ ERROR = IBM SMF21TR - Number of temporary read errors
- TLMS TEMP WRITE ERROR = IBM SMF21TW - Number of temporary write errors
- TLMS PERM READ ERROR = IBM SMF21PR -Number of permanent read errors.
- TLMS PERM WRITE ERROR = IBM SMF21PW - Number of permanent write errors.
- TLMS ERASE GRAPS = IBM SMF21ERG - Number of erase gaps.
- TLMS READ BACKWARD = IBM SMF21TRB - Temporary read backward errors.
- TLMS TEMP READ FORWARD = IBM SMF21TRF -Temporary read forward errors.
You can report on these stats via the CA TLMS Earl report TLERPT05. This report is located at hlq.CTAPEARL(TLERPT05).