How to redirect the SQL Database connection for Data Protection
Article ID: 115233
CA Security Command CenterCA Data Protection (DataMinder)CA User Activity Reporting
There may be some scenarios where it becomes necessary to host a CA Data Protection SQL database on a different physical server. For example, where old hardware is being decommissioned or the hosting architecture is being upgraded. This article outlines the steps required to redirect the Database connection?
CA Data protection 15.x
The following steps assume the following:
(a) The server hosting the CMS\Gateway is remaining unchanged other than the Database it connects with is being reloacted and (b) the database Name remains the same on its new host machine.
1. Stop the CA Data Protection Infrastructure on the CMS\Gateway server.
2. Back up the Database in its original location.
3. Restore the Database to its the new location.
4. Ensure the Data Protection Database User names for the Primary (default WGNUser) and Search (default WGNSearch) users exist on the new Database machine with the respective Username, Password, User Mappings and Server Roles being the same as the originating system.
5. Backup the ‘startup.properties’ files located in the %wgninstalldir%\System directory
For example: C:\program Files (x86)\CA\CA DataMinder\system\
6. Edit the ‘startup.properties’ file updating the information relating to the new database host in the sections highlighted below: