The community names on all of the devices being managed by Spectrum have changed. How can a user globally change the community names for all device models in Spectrum?
NetOps 21.2, 22.2
Use the following instructions to change the community name for all device models in Spectrum:
1. Log int OneClick as an ADMIN user
2. Click on the Locater tab in the Navigation panel
3. Run the Devices -> All Devices Search
4. Select all of the models in the Results tab of the Contents panel
5. While all models in the Results tab of the Contents panel are selected, right mouse click on one model and select Utilities -> Attribute Editor from the menu
6. Select Attributes -> SNMP Communities -> SNMP Community String and click on the ">" button
7. Uncheck the No Change check box for the "SNMP Community String"
8. Enter the new community string in the field and then click on the Apply button
a. If the new community string is an snmp v1 community string, enter the new community string
b. If the new community string is snmp v2, use format "#v2/<SNMP community string>".
For example, "#v2/private". Reference "Model and SNMP v2c Device Using a CA Spectrum Toolkit" located at Model an SNMP v2c Device Using a DX NetOps Spectrum Toolkitfor more details.
c. If the new community string is snmp v3, use the format "#v3/P:authpassword:privpassword/userid".
For example, #v3/P:MD5^AuthPasswd:AES^PrivPasswd/AuthPriv
Reference "Modeling an SNMPv3 Device Using a CA Spectrum Toolkit" located at Modeling an SNMPv3 Device Using a DX NetOps Spectrum Toolkit for more details.
d. Click OK.