New license keys have been provided and now you need to install (load) these new keys on the system.
LMP Key Install Instructions:
** Applying Keys for VSE:
1) To add or alter any Product's LMP status after LMP/VSE has been initialized: Update the CALMPKEY.A Library Dataset
2) Execute CAIRIM without any JCL PARM= value. The following status changes will occur:
- For any Product that does not have a change in its LMP KEY, the current status of the Product will remain unchanged.
- For any active Product whose LMP KEY is changed for a future Expiration Date, no change in the status will occur and the future date will be placed into effect.
- For any Product that had previously expired, and a new valid LMP KEY for the Product is encountered, the Product will be notified of this fact and will then become an active participant in the Total CA Solutions.
- For any new Product LMP KEY encountered, the Product and its LMP KEY will be placed into effect immediately and will be available as an active Participant in the Total CA Solutions.
NOTE: If an EKG is currently in effect for any Expired Product, the EKG MUST be in the CALMPKEY.A Dataset at this time to remain in effect. Once all Product LMP KEY's are valid, the EKG can be removed from the CALMPKEY.A Dataset.
** Applying Keys For VM:
1) Logon to user ID VMANAGER
2) Type in VMLMPKEY which will present: VMILMP
3) Enter a CA Product LMP Key
4) Enter the CA LMP key exactly as it appears on the Product Key Certificate:
5) Enter LMP key on following line:
6) Press PF12 to save the keys you entered or PF3 to exit without making any changes.
7) Recycle the product (logoff and logon) after the new LMP key has been added.
** Applying Keys for Z/OS:
1) Find the CAS9 proc. This executes module CAIRM and will contain DD statements for KEYS, PARMLIB and AUTOCMDS. The CAS9 proc is ordinarily executed as part of the IPL procedure.
2) Find the PDS member pointed to by the KEYS DD (also called KEYS). Add the new LMP keys to this member since the new keys should be the latest. Any pre-existing duplicates in the member can be removed.
3) Either wait for the next IPL which will execute CAS9 to process these new keys, or start the CAS9 procedure to load the keys. Do this using command: S CAS9,,,LMPKEYS
Note: CA Common Services for z/OS r14.1 PTF RO96513 was published to correct a rare situation where a valid LMP key may not be accepted. No equivalent problem exists with CCS 15.0
For additional key requests or questions regarding this set of keys, please contact the Licensing department at (800) 225-5224 option 1.