Any UIM Version
There is not hard set limit to the number of robots a single hub can manage.
For optimal hub/robot performance, it is recommended that no more than 2000 robots be deployed per hub.
Field testing has confirmed hubs perform well at this level.
There are many customers who have successfully deployed far more than 2000 robots per hub with no obvious performance degradation.
Some things to take into consideration which will affect performance based on the number of robots deployed to each hub:
- The message rate of each robot
- The heartbeat interval from the robot to the hub
- Passive vs active robots (a hub can handle fewer passive robots due to robot management overhead this introduces)
- Probes/services installed on the managing hub itself (this adds additional overhead to the hub)
- The resource capacity (cpu, memory, etc) of the system where the hub is deployed
- The number of connected tunnels on the managing hub if tunneling is enabled