When upgrading to z/OS 2.3, it may be necessary to apply upwards of 15 - 20 fixes in order to bring Common Services r14.1 into compliance. What is the recommended procedure to follow to accomplish this upgrade as easily as possible?
- An upgrade to z/OS 2.3 involves applying maintenance to multiple components of Common Services for z/OS r14.1.
- Earlier z/OS releases only involved one component, SERVCS FMID CEI0E10
- z/OS 2.3 requires maintenance to SERVCS and CAIRIM FMID CAS9E10
- Maintenance can possibly require up to 19 fixes across different components if currently running z/OS release 2.1 or below
- Intent of this article is to provide instructions to accomplish the upgrade most easily
What is the easiest path to follow to upgrade Common Services r14.1 for compatibility with z/OS 2.3 if currently executing in a z/OS 2.1 or earlier environment?