The Non Resident Inventory (NRI) solution provides a simple way to inventory a Windows, Linux, or UNIX computer without having to deploy the CA Client Automation agent (DSM agent) to it.
Non Resident Inventory requires the following components to be already installed:
- Web Administration Console (WAC)
- DSM Web Service
- Scalability Server
- CA Asset Collector
If they are not installed, they can be installed using the CA Client Automation installation media.
Once they are installed, follow the instructions below:
1. Enable the CA Asset Collector using the following commands: caf enable assetcollector caf start assetcollector
2. This creates 3 folders in the ..\CA\DSM folder.
3. The permissions on these folders are automatically configured correctly with the IIS 'IUSR' account having 'Full Control' permissions.
4. NRIReceivedReports folder also has Full Control Permissions for 'IUSR' account.
5. Launch the NRI Agent on the target via one of the 3 methods:
a) Accessing the NRI Web Page - http://<Server name>/wac/jsp/ei/ei.jsp
b) Launching the NRI Agent using a Login Script - https://docops.ca.com/ca-client-automation/14-0/en/administrating/asset-management-administration/customizing-asset-management/non-resident-inventory/configuring-the-nri-web-service#ConfiguringtheNRIWebService-RunningtheNRIAgentfromaLoginScript
c) Launching the NRI Agent on a UNIX computer manually - https://docops.ca.com/ca-client-automation/14-0/en/administrating/asset-management-administration/customizing-asset-management/non-resident-inventory/launching-nri-elective-inventory#LaunchingNRIElectiveInventory-LaunchNRIfromLinuxorUNIXComputer
6. When the NRI Agent is launched on an agent, an inventory report (.xiu file) is created and is named after the generated HostUUID on the computer. Ex: 12FDBEBA-572D-4408-BFC8-E7922AD4A998.xiu
7.. Copy the .xiu files to the 'AssetCollectorCollect' folder.
8. The Asset Collector will run, collect the NRI inventory and update the database with the NRI inventory. The NRI agent information will be displayed under 'All Computers and Users' in the DSM Explorer.