When using QDP and assigning a Predecessor and/or Successor to a User Story, if the User Story being assigned is parented by a Feature or a User Story, the parent association is removed.
- Ensure you have QDP enabled
- Add a Feature to three User Stories, just so we can test both Predecessor and Successor
- Go to the Backlog page and select a story other than ones in step 2 - open in QDP
- Click on the Dependencies icon
- Add one of the stories used in step 2 as a Predecessor and/or one as a Successor by clicking Add New, then select Choose
- Check the Revision History of the Predecessor and Successor stories
- See the Predecessor/Successor has had the parent removed
The Predecessor and/or Successor is added without removing the parent that is assigned to the User Story.
The Feature is removed from the User Story and there is the message showing this in the Revisions.