1. If you are using Identity Suite 14.1, request hot-fix DE349205-20180301-0001.tgz.gpg to CA Support (this enable gdb tool) on 14.1 version.
2. after install the hot-fix login as config user and su - imps user
3. cd to ProvisioningServer/bin folder an run:
gdb ./slapd ./core.1234 -ex 'thread apply all bt full' -ex quit |& tee backtrace.log (where core.<pid> is the core file generated when im_ps crashed and genereated the core file)
5. Check that have this following messages inside of genearted backtrace.log file with previous gdb command: Core was generated by `./slapd -n im_ps -s 64 -f ../data/im_ps.conf -h ldap://localhost:20389 ldap://c'. Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault. #0 0x0079b69f in _LoadSAPIFuncs () at /home/etadev/src/ECS2/ECS/CommonServices/Unix/Logging/eCSLogAPI.cpp:2875 2875 /home/etadev/src/ECS2/ECS/CommonServices/Unix/Logging/eCSLogAPI.cpp: No such file or directory. in /home/etadev/src/ECS2/ECS/CommonServices/Unix/Logging/eCSLogAPI.cpp
6. If have this error, go to Provisioning Manager/System/Global Properties/Logging tab and uncheck "Common Services", "Unicenter Console" and "eTrust Audit" tabs.