Upgrading from Gen 7.6 to Gen 8.6 and experiencing 3 problems when using the Client Manager (CM):
1. Every time CM starts it displays the "Client Manager Customization" dialog to specify the language
2. If start as administrator and specify the language can use the CM but when close it down and restart then it displays the error "Failed to load DLL IEFCMN, reason code 126". ASfter checking the installation folder it has deleted the file IEFCMN.DLL.
3. When sending a test transaction, it works OK but displays the message "Message load failure, id = 16034, error 1813"
Gen Client Managera
The user is using their own custom install shield to deploy the Client Manager into a custom directory.
Reason code 126 "Failed to load DLL <module>" means a dependent dll cannot be found.
To troubleshoot, it is often best to use Dependency Walker on the problem dll (in this case IEFCMN.dll) to determine the missing dependent dll: http://www.dependencywalker.com/. However in this case Dependency Walker did not help.
1. Check the PATH settings in Windows (i.e. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables) - is the CM deployment directory in the system path?
2. Check the file iefcmn.ini content validity.