Upgrading from Gen 7.6 to Gen 8.6 and experiencing 3 problems when using the Client Manager (CM):
1. Every time CM starts it displays the "Client Manager Customization" dialog to specify the language
2. If start as administrator and specify the language can use the CM but when close down and restart it displays the error "Failed to load DLL IEFCMN, reason code 126". When check the installation folder it has deleted the file IEFCMN.DLL.
3. When send test transaction, it works OK but displays the message "Message load failure, id = 16034, error 1813"
Using own custom install shield to deploy the Client Manager into custom directory.
Reason code 126 "Failed to load DLL <module>" means a dependent dll cannot be found. To troubleshoot, it is often best to use Dependency Walker on the problem dll (in this case IEFCMN.dll) to determine the missing dependent dll: http://www.dependencywalker.com/. However in this case Dependency Walker did not help.
1. Check the PATH settings in Windows (i.e. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables) - is the CM deployment directory in the system path?
2. Check the file iefcmn.ini content validity.
CA Gen 8.6 or any other; Windows (all versions)
The root cause was that file iefcmn.ini had incorrect full path for property MSGDLLNAME (default value is "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Gen86\Gen\\commrt\cmw32\CMMSGENGn.dll")