Solution 1: Ensure 'Hide Financial OBS' is not checked. If this option is checked, Department and Location OBS will not be displayed in certain OBS Browses.
- In PPM, go to Administration->Finance ->Processing
- If 'Hide Financial OBS' is checked, uncheck it and save your changes
- For details on the impact of this setting (introduced in 8.1 FP03) being checked or unchecked, see KB000052723 - Enhanced option 'Hide Financial OBS' in PPM
If the above does not help, also ensure the OBS is linked to the related object that the OBS is attempted to be used for. Example, if it is to be used with the Staff OBS, ensure it is associated with the Resource object.
- In PPM, go to Administration->OBS, and click on the link to the OBS
- Under the Associated Objects section, click Add if the object is not listed already
- Check the check box next to the object and click Add
- If the OBS is still not showing, a flush of the Clarity PPM cache may be needed after applying the steps. See KB:98199 for steps on how to do this.
- If the above solutions don't help, see KB: 187487 - Known OBS (Organizational Breakdown Structure) KBs (including missing OBSs)