When you for example want to "List All Telnet Events" and get error
DQ0310 NDB SCAN FAILED ID=IPLOG RC=5 ERRI=SCAN TERMINATED - EXCEEDED I/O LIMIT.
What can be done to resolve this problem?
The RC=5 in message DQ0310 shows that the I/O-Limit is exceeded. There are sevarl ways to resolve this problem:
1. You can reduce the amount of I/O used by restricting the scan in panel "TCP/IP : Telnet Connection List Criteria".
2. You can increase the I/O-Limit in Parameter Group $NM NDBLIMITS. For that, do the following:
- Enter /PARM and select Parameter Group $NM NDBLIMITS
- Hit PF4 to enter Update, then change the value of "Maximum Logical I/O Limit" to a higher value that 1500000, 8000000 being the maximum.
- Hit PF4 to save, then PF6 to action that change and then PF5 to see the Initialization Log.
The disadvantage of this solution is that likely more resources are needed for future scans.
3. You can reduce the size of the IPLOG file
For that, go to /PARMS and select $IP IPFILES. Here you can specify how long data is collected in the IPFILE. Review parameter "Keep IPLOG data for" and consider specifying a smaller number of days.
To do that hit PF4 to enter Update, then change the value of "Keep IPLOG data for", then hit PF4 to save, then PF6 to action that change and then PF5 to see the Initialization Log.