Upgrading SDM to 17.1 on the step "Migrating CA Service Desk Manager" generates this error, "SDM Migration failed with exitcode:231. Please refer to log file."
stdlog shows the following:
pdm_d_mgr 3536 EXIT mgr_os_if.c 2458 : Could not execute command: D:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Service Desk Manager\bin\pdm_d_mgr.exe -w -m D:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Service Desk Manager\site\r17_0_pdm_startup.dat error: 193
pdm_d_mgr 7108 EXIT mgr_os_if.c 2458 : Could not execute command: D:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Service Desk Manager\bin\pdm_d_mgr.exe -w -c -s DBADMIN error: 193
NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation is set to 0, but 8dot3 was not enabled on Program Files (x86)
As a workaround to avoid uninstalling everything:
1. Close the installer.
2. Copy both the Service Desk Manager, and SC folders from the D drive to the C drive (any folder in C drive or other disk) and delete the folders from the D drive.
3. Re-create the "Program Files (x86)" directory on D - which should allow it to auto create the short name of "PROGRA~1". Confirm this by opening cmd in D: and run: dir /x.
4. Copy Service Desk Manager and SC folders back to the D drive, and it should create the short names for all folders inside those directories. You can confirm this by opening cmd in D: and run: dir /x.
5. Edit the C:\windows\paradigm.ini file to set the proper short name for the NX_ROOT directory. It should look similar to:
(it can be PROGRA~2 or PROGRA~1, check this by running dir /x)
6. Restart the installer and verify it is able to complete past the migration step.