Catalog has 4 options for the approval:
- No Approval
- System Approval Process
- Workflow Driven Approval Process
- Policy driven approval
To be able to approve by users who belong to an specific LDAP Group, you can use Policy driven approval
or Workflow Driven Approval Process
- Policy driven approval is native from Catalog. To configure it:
1. Ensure EEM being used by CA Service Catalog is connected to LDAP
2. Log into Catalog as Service Delivery Administrator > Catalog > Policies > Select the policy
3. In the frame below, click on Assignees lookup icon > Set Assignee Type: Group > Click on lookup icon below > Select group from LDAP > OK > Save.
- Workflow Driven Approval Process will use PAM to run a process and then through a Catalog WebServices (assignPendingAction method) the group can be assigned.