In CA Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) Classic UI, replacing a role with a resource multiple times (if the role still is left on the team with any allocation) increases the resource's allocation unexpectedly each time the replace is done.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a resource and role in PPM both with the same availability
2. Make the Primary Role of the resource the role created in step 1
3. Add some non working day exceptions for the resource (Example, mark them off on all Wednesdays during August)
4. Create a new project in Classic UI
5. Add the role created in step 1 to the project
6. Create some varying allocation segments for the role (example below):
8/1/18 - 8/9/18 - 0% Allocation
8/10/18 - 8/19/18 - 20% Allocation
8/20/18 - 8/28/18 - 26% Allocation
8/29/18 - 8/31/18 - 60% Allocation
9/1/18 - 9/10/18 - 0% Allocation
7. Use the role replace functionality to replace the Role with the Resource created in step 1
8. Notice that the role is still on the project with a small amount of allocation for the periods the resource has marked as non working days (This is working as designed as reference in https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/after-replacing-a-resource-with-a-role-the-role-still-has-allocation-on-a-project/kb000008639 since the resource is not available during those time frames)
9. Do a role replace again and select the same resource
Expected Results: You should not be able to replace the role again with the same resource since the resource is not available to work during the remaining periods the allocation is assigned.
Actual Results: It allows you to complete the role replace multiple times for the same resource and role, and some of the resource allocation segments numbers increase (and each time you do the role replace, they continue to increase)
This is caused by DE43599
After review, it was determined this issue will not be fixed. Reference Customer-Reported Defect Resolution Policy for more details on PPM Defect Resolution. Going forward in the New User Experience (UX), the ability to replace a role with a resource on the team is no longer possible.