Sometimes a server needs to be recreated on a higher version keeping the same hostname.
As a result, applications needs to be moved/ reinstalled as well so we are going to explain how to do so for a Dollar Universe node.
Dollar Universe installed in a Unix / Linux server.
Here is a brief description of the actions to move a node from server A to server B.
Action on old server A
- Stop all queues on node and wait until jobs Complete or cancel those Running.
- Stop Dollar Universe
- Unregister the node (unims -unregister -login XXX -pwd XXX)
- Backup Dollar Universe folders containing data and log:
For example: /uniacndata/NSPPHK (data and bin ) and /uniacnlog/NSPPHK (log) by tar command
- Copy the tar files to the server B or to a shared folder.
- Stop Server or remove it from the network so that the hostname is resolved with server B.
Action on new server B :
- Install from scratch the node with same company name / node name / ports and folders without registering it to the UVMS.
- Restore the previously backuped tar files containing the data and log folders.
- Register node (unims -register -mshost xxx -msport xxx -login admin -pwd xxx)
- Start the node
As it is a tricky procedure, we advise to ask Professional Services for consulting on this operation.