We want to use a DNS alias for the ENTM URL to access the ENTM console
What do we have to configure in ENTM to accomplish this?
How do we have to configure the SSL certificate in this case?
ENTM UI is basically always returning to what is set in
System / Configuration / UI Settings / Base URL
- the original Base URL is set to
- in DNS create a CNAME record
WIN2012Alias pointing to WIN2012
- now try logging on to ENTM with the alias
- note: login is successful but the URL is redirected to the Base URL
- adjusting the setting of Base URL to
is resolving the issue
Before making changes of this kind in production please make sure you have a full snapshot backup of the entire ENTM box.
The ENTM SSL Certificate's Subject needs to reflect the used URL, in this case WIN2012Alias