Projects No Longer Save Back from MSP when Using the Legacy Driver
Article ID: 108593
Clarity PPM SaaS
Clarity PPM On Premise
Projects will not save back from MSP when using the Legacy driver if the custom field mappings include importing the Open for Time Entry field at the Project level.
Steps to Reproduce:
0. Install the Legacy Driver
1. Go to Administration - MSP Field Mappings
2. Create the following new field mapping:
Object Type: Project
Data Operation: 'Import and Export' OR 'Import'
PPM Attribute ID: is_open_for_te
MSP Field Name: Any Flag field (Ex: Flag6)
3. Go to Home - Projects
4. Open any project and export it to MSP
5. In MSP, go to the CA PPM Integration tab, and click on Save
Expected Results: The project saves back to PPM.
Actual Results: The project does not save back, it stops on the Waiting for Server step, and a 'Microsoft Project has stopped working' error is thrown.
Note: This same issue does not occur with the New driver.
Release: CODFSS99000-15.4.1-PPM SAAS FedRAMP-Sandbox-Small Environment
After careful review of DE42888, it has been determined that this defect is one that will not be fixed. Workarounds:
- Remove the Project Open for Time Entry field mapping from the Administration - MSP Field Mappings page OR
- Use the New XML Driver