00. Backup IM databases / SM policy store using database tools/directory tools & XPSExport -xb (all) & -xa (env)
0. View IM database tables in the object store to capture/record current SMOID number for UserStores and IME. This will be used to validate that IM was updated with new SMOID #s.
Capture IME (env) SMOID: 35-XXXXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXddb00000
Capture IMCD (Corporate Directory) SMOID: 32-XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXddb00000
Capture IMPD ( Provisioning Directory) SMOID: 32-*********-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXddb00000
1. Configure the SiteMinder Policy Store for CA IdentityMinder.
2. Import the CA IdentityMinder Schema into the Policy Store.
2a. Install/Verify the CA Single Sign-On Extension
3. Create a SiteMinder 4.X agent object.
4a.Export the CA IdentityMinder directories and environments, via the /immanage console
4b. Open the ENV_environment_roles.xml with NotePad++/TextPad;
search for object=""UNKNOWN"" to see if any issues will occur upon re-importing of this file.
These issues appear if there are missing custom java jar files. Replace missing java jar files; then re-export IME.
4c Shutdown all but one SM Policy Server (This is to prevent potential problems with replication race conditions)
4d Shutdown all but one IDM J2EE (Jboss/Weblogic/WebSphere) server running
5a. Use XPSExplorer to check for objects of type IMSEnvironment, IMSDirectory or IMSAdditionalProperties. Delete any objects of these type manually.
5b. Run ""XPSweeper""
7.1 Run XPSExport -xa / -xb to keep a clean copy (on Policy Server that is still running.).
8. Restart the application server that is still running.
9. Configure a data source for SiteMinder. (Only if using RDB user stores)
10a. Create a empty IME to make sure we can re-create objects
11. Update and import environment definitions.
- manual import settings.xml (with NO custom components).
- restart J2EE (Jboss/Weblogic/WebSphere)
- manual create custom components: EventListener, WFParticipantResolver, LAH, restart J2EE (Jboss/Weblogic/WebSphere)
12. Restart the application server. [Restart only ONE server.]
13. Install the web proxy server plug-in.
16. Restart all other application servers of the IM cluster.
17. Restart all other SM Policy Servers
18. Manually Rebuild IM Realms Objects/Update AuthSchema/Rules in SiteMinder to match prior state. Any object under default IME domain has been rebuilt with defaults.