ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
How to exclude data from the FWSTrace log.
Article ID: 108076
CA Single Sign On Secure Proxy Server (SiteMinder)CA Single Sign On SOA Security Manager (SiteMinder)CA Single Sign-On
You can modify the "FederationTrace.conf" file settings to see if you get your desired results in the FWSTrace.log Note: Do not edit this file directly. Please make a copy of it before editing.
CA SSO Policy Server 12.52 SP1 and above CA Access Gateway 12.52 SP1 and above
1. Locate the FederationTrace.conf file under C:\Program Files\CA\secure-proxy\proxy-engine\conf\defaultagent\
2. Make a copy of the file before modifying it.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the file page, and you will see the following data fields: components: Fed_Client, Srca data: Date, Time, Pid, Tid, TransactionID, SrcFile, Function, Message
These are the fields that appear in the FWSTrace.log.
4. Copy the line that starts with data:. Paste it under the original line, then add # in front of the original. It should like this: components: Fed_Client, Srca #data: Date, Time, Pid, Tid, TransactionID, SrcFile, Function, Message data: Date, Time, Pid, Tid, TransactionID, SrcFile, Function, Message
5. You can now modify the data line without the #. For example, if I want to exclude the Pid (process ID) and Tid (thread ID), I would remove Pid and Tid from the second line: components: Fed_Client, Srca #data: Date, Time, Pid, Tid, TransactionID, SrcFile, Function, Message data: Date, Time,TransactionID, SrcFile, Function, Message
6. Save the file.
7. Stop, and then Start, the following Services: - CA Access Gateway Engine - CA Access Gateway Proxy
8. Open your FWSTrace.log, to see your modifications.
"Simplify Logging with Trace Configuration Templates" https://docops.ca.com/ca-single-sign-on/12-8/en/configuring/legacy-federation/legacy-federation-trace-logging/#LegacyFederationTraceLogging-SimplifyLoggingwithTraceConfigurationTemplates