Virtualizing a Java Exception is different from virtualizing regular java classes.
You must virtualize the class throwing the Exception.
This document assumes the user knows how to virtualize regular java classes.
To virtualize a Java Exception:
1. You can use either regular java virtualization method: Workstation Recorder or Intercepts in the Portal.
See the DevTest documentation for each method to determine which method best fits your needs. (Java Virtualization)
2. You much virtualize the class throwing the Exception. Not the Exception itself.
3. If using the Portal intercepts, make sure the Java and Exception protocols are set to full data.
4. Send transactions and capture the java class as normal.
5. If needed, send multiple transactions making sure to capture all required transactions types.
Example with and without Exceptions.
6. Build and Deploy the Virtual Service as usual.
7. Test the Virtual Service