In order to use Log Analytics there are several probes that must be deployed and configured.
This can be quite confusing at first glance and this document is intended to reduce that confusion and help you to begin leveraging Log Analytics in your environment
There are 3 probes that need to be deployed
Below is a simple diagram showing how these would be deployed
UIM Server 8.51 and later
log_forwarder: 1.01 and later
axa_log_gateway: 1.01 and later
log_monitoring_service: 1.01 and later
1. Install AXA for Log Analytics.
2. Deploy “Setup axa_log_gateway” MCS template to Hub.
3. Deploy “Setup log_forwarder” MCS template to Robot you wish to monitor.
4. Deploy the specific “Log Forwarding MCS template” for the type of log you wish to monitor
5. Deploy the “Setup log_monitoring_ser” MCS template to robot that will run this probe
6. Deploy the "Log Monitoring Service" MCS Template