There is discrepancy between Demand figures on Waterline => Investment- Role Demand page and 'Role Capacity and Demand' portlet in Portfolio => Capacity tab when a value is modified to zero.
1. Create a project with start / finish date: 1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018
2. Allocate to roles to the project. Role 1 and Role 2 (Ensure Team object Default Allocation is set to zero)
3. Set Default Allocation % for Role 1 as 0
4. Set Default Allocation % for Role 1 as 1
5. Create a 20% Allocation segment for Role 1 for period 1 Feb 2018 - 31 Mar 2018 and on Project =>Team Detail page enter 28 hours for the month of February and 30 hours for the month of March.
6. Create a Portfolio using 'PMO-Portfolio Investment Dashboard' view with duration: 1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018 and add the Project created in step 1 to it
7. Click on the 'Targets' tab and add the two roles allocated to the Project in step 2. Enter a value of 2088 on 'Target' and
'Distributed Target (Total) fields for Role 1 and Role 2 so that total is 4176.
8. Create a Plan with duration: 1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018.
9. Click on 'Waterlines' tab to open page and click on Options => Configure link. Select Role 1 & 2 into 'Selected Columns'
and click on 'Save and Return button' so the the two Roles display on the Waterlines page.
10. On the Waterlines page, select the 'Plan' created in step 8 from the Plan dropdown and then click to open the Project listed
under the Investment label.
11. Click on 'Role Demand' tab to display 'Demand' data in the 'Amount By Period' section. Here you find that for Role 1, Feb 2018 has 28 hours and March
has 30. Alter this to zero for both months. Enter 20 hours for the month of Feb 2018 for Role 2 and click on 'Save' button.
12. Now, Navigate to 'Capacity' tab in portfolio to open the page (still with Plan created in step 8 selected on page) and view 'Demand' data on On the 'Role
Capacity and Demand' portlet.
Expected Results: Demand for Role 1 for the Months of February and March 2018 to display zero
Actual Results: Demand for Role 1 for the Months of February and March 2018 still display 28 for Feb 2018 and 30 for March 2018 in the 'Amount By Period' section even though 'Role Demand' Field for Role 1 is displays zero.
Resolved in upcoming CA PPM 15.5 release