The 'Inventory -> Sites' menu tab in CA Performance Center does not show the items for Sites, although a lot of sites have been added and exist.
The appearance of the 'Inventory -> Sites' menu choice is tied to NFA data source Sites.
- CAPM generated Site Group types are only visible in the CAPC Dashboards Views (e.g. Network Performance ) other than from the Inventory->Site menu option
- NFA synchronized Sites are only visible via the Inventory->Site menu option
CA Performance Center 3.x
This is expected behavior when there are no Sites Groups synchronized to CA Performance Management from the Network Flow Analysis (NFA) data source.
The appearance of the Inventory -> Sites menu choice is tied to NFA data source Sites. The appearance of that Inventory menu choice is driven by the population of the t_site and dst_site tables in netqosportal database.
The only Sites that are written to the t_site and dst_site tables are those contributed by the NFA data source.
Site group types created within the CAPM Manage Groups page are only written to the t_group and dst_group database tables, not the t_site or dst_site groups.
As a result, the following is the expected behavior:
- The Inventory->Sites menu option only appears when Sites are created in NFA, and NFA data source is synchronized to CA PC.
- Site group types created in CA Performance Manager are not directly equivalent to Sites created in NFA and thus are treated differently.
- The Inventory->Sites menu option only contains Sites synchronized to CAPM from the NFA data source
- Use the default Site list type View in a Dashboard to list all Site based groups created in CAPM but it will not list Sites contributed from the NFA data source.
- CAPM generated Site group types are only visible in the CAPC Dashboards and Views (e.g. Network Performance ) other than the Inventory->Site option
- NFA synchronized Sites are only visible via the Inventory -> Site menu option