We ran the 17.1 upgrade on our Service Catalog server. it got through a couple of the steps but failed on the EEM integration step. Our EEM is on a different server. EEM 12.6 with TLS 1.2 before upgrade .
The upgrade fails right at the beginning of connecting to EEM and the view.log shows:
018/05/24 126.96.36.1990 WARN [main] [CmdLineUtility] Command terminated with exit code: 3 2018/05/24 188.8.131.520 WARN [main] [SecurityDeployer] The application name Service Catalog doesn't exist or might have unconfigured. Hence, no need to upgrade any data. 2018/05/24 184.108.40.2060 INFO [main] [SecurityDeployer] Creating the application... 2018/05/24 220.127.116.119 INFO [main] [CmdLineUtility] Command process started: E:/CA/Service Catalog/bin/safex/safex.exe in directory E:\CA\Service Catalog\bin\safex 2018/05/24 18.104.22.1683 WARN [main] [CmdLineUtility] Command terminated with exit code: 3 2018/05/24 22.214.171.1244 ERROR [main] [CmdDeploymentManager] Deployment of the module 'eem' failed After the failure: The config.properties and viewservice.conf values are wiped out and we cannot run the catalog setup utility even if we correct them (don't know if this is related).
1. for 17.1 , Service Management 17.1 installer is NOT able to have catalog registered into EEM when EEM’s tls 1.2 is enabled .
2. for 17.1 , catalog setup utility is NOT able to have catalog registered into EEM when EEM’s tls 1.2 is enabled .
It is a bug and will be addressed in 17.2
Service Catalog 17.1 with TLS 1.2
In order to have catalog 17.1 registered into EEM during installation or upgrade , you will make sure to have EEM's TLS 1.2 disabled first .
1. on EEM server , back out EEM 12.6 ‘s tls 1.2 setting in igateway.conf ( if you have EEM's TLS 1.2 setting enabled before ) , recycle igateway service .
2. on catalog server , kick off SM 17.1 installer to upgrade catalog 14.1 to 17.1 . SM 17.1 installer will be able to have catalog 17.1 registered into EEM .
3. After installation/upgrade finishes successfully , you can enable TLS 1.2 on both Service Catalog side and EEM side by following the documentation :