You can post future transactions through to WIP and to do so these 4 jobs needs to be executed in the below order.
- Note: If you want to wait to post the transactions until the future date is reached (example July 10, 2023):
- Leave the dates blank in step 2.
- They will automatically be posted once you Post to WIP and run through the remaining jobs on or after July 10, 2023
1) Post Transactions to Financial job:
- This job verifies and transfers data from the Transaction Import tables to the Financial Management tables.
- This data could be the result of posted timesheets, or transactions that are imported from external systems.
2) Post Transactions to Work-in Progress (Post To WIP) job:
- Transactions available for posting to WIP are not automatically displayed.
- You must first search for the transactions they want to post to WIP.
- If you do not enter any dates (start date or end date), all available transactions from any past date are pulled up to the current (today’s) date.
- So, to post any available transactions with a future date you must specify an end date, example below:
3) Import Financial Actuals job:
- This job updates task assignments with the actuals entered in financial transactions and WIP adjustments.
- The assignment ETC is decremented through the transaction entry date (as in a Fixed Loading Pattern).
- ETC in the future is not decremented even if the actual amount is greater than the ETC amount for the period being posted.
4) Investment Allocations job:
- This job updates the ETCSUM and EACSUM fields for investments and bases its calculations on the resources that are allocated to the investment.
- The job calculates the sum of the ETC values for all the assignments for the investment and stores the value in the ETCSUM field.
- The job also calculates the sum of the EAC values for all the investment assignments and stores the value in the EACSUM field.
- In addition, this job updates the total actuals for an investment.