After upgrading to PPM 15.3, we are seeing issues with the bg services where jobs are not picking up and are remaining in scheduled status. We've noticed that this issue occurs when an instance of the Update Earned Value and Costs Totals job is running and a second instance of this same job attempts to run.
Steps to Reproduce:
0. Check what jobs, if any, are set incompatible with the 'Update Earned Value and Cost Totals' job
1. Schedule any job that is not on the incompatible list to run every x minutes
2. Run an instance of the Update Earned Value job in an environment where it takes longer than x minutes
3. Run a second instnace of the Update Earned Value job -- this instance goes into Scheduled Status as an instance of this job is already running
4. A little over x minutes after scheduling the first instance of the Update Earned Value job, check on the status of the job scheduled on Step1
Expected Results: The job from Step 1 has either already run or is processing
Actual Results: The job from Step 1 is stuck in Scheduled status at a time that has already passed. -- If we monitor for longer, the job will only start running after the first instance of the Update Earned Value job has completed.
Caused by DE42313
Release: CODFSS99000-15.4-PPM SAAS FedRAMP-Sandbox-Small Environment
Manually set the Update Earned Value and Costs Totals job incompatible with itself under Administration - Reports and Jobs.
As of PPM 15.5, the Update Earned Value and Cost Totals job has been set incompatible with itself by default. This incompatibility can't be removed, so DE42313 will no longer occur on this and later versions.