An error in the HTML source of message template is not detected by CA SDM, View and Quick View do not indicate the presence of any errors.
For example, the error may cause corruption of the hyperlink for accessing the ticket via the email notification sent by CA Service Desk Manager that is received by an object contact.
Possible steps to reproduce:
1. Edit the out-of-the-box "Notifications > Messages Templates" named "Default Log Comment message template for request/incident/problem".
2. Click on "edit HTML Message"
3. Click the "Source" tab
4. Starting at the top of the text, search for "href=", finding it after "title=". Change the existing:
5. click "OK" to save the change.
6. Assuming Auto Notification is set to Yes for the message template of step#1 and that the default setup of Log Comment activity notification is associated to the out-of-the-box notification rule named "Default Log Comment Notification Rule for request/incident/problem" which is associated to the message template of step#1 and has the Assignee as an Object Contacts, , view an active incident which has an assignee of an analyst contact having notification method set to Email and a valid email address.
7. in the Incident Detail, click Activities and select Log Comment
8. Confirm that the notification email is received by the assignee. Click on the "Incident <ref_num> Log Comment Notification" or right-click and select "Copy shortcut".
Results: The hyper link is incorrect, it is like:
Confirmed that there is no indication of the presence of an error in the source html when using "View" to display the HTML Message of the Log Comment message template.