Identifying the make and model of a PAM hardware appliance
Article ID: 104018
CA Privileged Access Manager (PAM)
In the event of a hardware error in my PAM Server Appliance I need to provide its make and model.
This document explains how to find out this information based on the hardware appliance serial number.
How can I know the make and model of my PAM appliance?
Any hardware appliance running any version of PAM server.
- Obtain the sysinfo file. Check here how to do it: How can I create the sysinfo file in PAM 3.x?
- Open it with a text editor and search for the string "Hardware Serial" without quotes.
- If it ends with "-02", it means it is a Portwell Model 102P (X102P) system.
- If it ends with "-06" or "-07", it means it is a Portwell Model 206P (X206P) system.
- If it ends with "-08", it means it is a Lanner Model 304L (X304L).
- If you have physical appliances, only the Lanner 304L (X304L) appliance can be upgraded to 3.x. The older Portwell devices are NOT SUPPORTED for CA Privileged Access Manager 3.x.
- Any attempts to upgrade these devices halt before anything is changed.