Best practices on using custom java tags in GEL
Article ID: 102406
Clarity PPM SaaS
Clarity PPM On Premise
How to write safely my GEL script using SQL database connections?
- Broadcom Support recommends to only use the OOTB gel tags to query the database which are approved, such as sql:query.
- The full list can be found in our Clarity documentation. The rest of the tags are unsupported
- We do not recommend using custom java tags:
- In our experience this has caused system outages, (crash on BG service) when the script encounters an issue, and the connection is not being closed.
- This will create an unhandled memory leak.
- To avoid this issue - please follow the recommendation on using only supported OOTB gel tags.