How to create a custom Spectrum Model Type via the Model Type Editor (MTE)
Any Spectrum version
Here are the steps:
1. Stop the SpectroSERVER application via SCP (Spectrum Control Panel). Ensure the SpectroSERVER is in Inactive state.
2. Launch the Model Type Editor.
3. Select the GnSNMPDev Model Type as a template to create the new Model Type called L+GyrRouter.
4. Locate the new Model Type that was created and then set the SysOIDVerifyList attribute value which is known as System Object ID.
5. Also set the DeviceNameList attribute value.
6. Set the Flag as Instantiable.
7. Save the changes into the Catalog database.
8. Exit from the MTE.
9. Start the SpectroSERVER application.
10. Stop and Start the Spectrum Tomcat service.
11. Discover/Model the device.
NOTE: Starting the Model Type editor (MTE) via that command line using the -logging parameter will create a an xml file that can then be used with the dbtool to import the MTE changes into another SpectroSERVER system. Please reference knowledge article 121348 "How to propagate catalog changes in a Distributed SpectroSERVER environment" for more information.