Option 1 (the recommended way):
Currently the supported way to disable the auditing on all objects would be the following:
1. Identify all objects having auditing enabled (you may run this query):
select distinct object_code
where is_active =1
and created_by >0
and attribute_code <>'odf_pk'
2. Connect to CA PPM UI - Administration - Objects
3. Open each object - go to Audit Trail
4. Take a screenshot of the audited fields, save it
5. Remove the audited fields from the selected lists on the right using the arrow for Insert, Update and Delete
7. Repeat for all objects
8. After upgrade, re-add the fields to the objects following the screenshots
The field removal as above from Audit trail and Save would also remove the auditing triggers.
Disabling of the auditing triggers is possible however it's not directly supported. Option 2:
Alternatively, if you are doing an upgrade on a lower environment, have too many objects to disable, you could try the following to save time:
1. Run the upgrade without disabling the Auditing
2. See if you face any problem with any audit triggers during upgrade
3. If your upgrade is successful, you should be able to skip this step on a higher environment.
4. If you face an issue due to the auditing, you will have to rollback and retry whilst disabling it manually.
Usually the auditing causes an issue in rare occasions and we cannot say in advance if it would. To guarantee there will be no issues with the upgrade and auditing, disabling is recommended.