Upgrade from any Sysview Performance Management Option for Db2 for z/OS (IDB2) release published previous to release r19
and tested the fallback procedure for IDB2 history files. It was not possible to unload HISTSTAT and HISTACCT files from release r19
and then load them to the previous published release with defined History files. You will receive DBG21023E error message:
DBG21023E ... HISTORY: FILE histfile INVALID HISTORY FILE : ...
Officially this is not supported, some of the IDB2 records have been changed in size for IDB2 r19 and they might be truncated during the fallback.
Unofficially there is a method that should work:
1) Use release r19 IDB2UIFI utility to unload the release r19 history files to SMF.
- Use options /REQ=UNLDHIST,UNLOAD=ALL,REMPOS=NO
- ddnames HISTSTAT and HISTACCT need to be allocated to the release r19 history files.
- SMFOUT needs to be allocated to a VBS dataset.
2) Reload the SMF file produced in Step 1 into a clean LDS files using the previous
Release version of the IDB2UIFI utility.
- use options /REQ=LOADHIST
- SMFIN needs to be allocated to the data set produced in step 1 (SMFOUT).
- HISTSTAT and HISTACCT ddnames must be allocated to the clean history files
(The size should match release r19 versions) for the release r17 version.
The following information might be lost during the procedure: Long IDB2 accounting records (>32K), parallelism rollup details, ...