Best Practice for upgrade Workload Automation ESP Edition
Component: WORKLOAD AUTOMATION ESP
Ensure best practices are noted for upgrade.
- Contact GSC and request new LMP Keys
- Install the new version in a new SMPE CSI;
- Read the chapter about upgrade on “Release notes” and “Installation and Configuration Guide”, and take actions as needed;
Note: If jump any versions in between, above manuals for them should also be included.
- For first restart after upgrade, if no IPL on the system, then start CA Workload Automation EE (formerly ESP) with parm=RELOAD, this is also needed if need to back out to the old version;
Note: Z/OS system may ignore the “parm=RELOAD” on console command, so it’s better to add it to the STC Proc.
- Master and proxies should always be at same level (including version and maintenance);
-Check download center on support online, for hyper fixes GA'd AFTER the new version, and apply them to avoid big problem.
- Actions have been taken as the chapter about upgrade on “Release notes” and “Installation and Configuration Guide”;
- LINKLST or STEPLIB used for the STC Proc is updated;
- Loadlib may need to be APFed;
- Logon Proc or CLIST for users to access the system is updated;
- Initialization parm tables may need to be updated as information from “Release notes”;
- Any customized code in old system should be bring over to the new one, like:
1. User exit;
2. CSF and/or Application monitor extensions;
3. Check UserMods; If Workload Automation ESP 11.4 Maintenance is pre 2015 make sure to set UserMod 197 to make Security Authorization Checking in Simulation is optional.